Mr. Iglesias Cast: Everything About This American Series!
This article will discuss topics like “Mr. Iglesias Cast” and Everything you need to know about the cast, the movie, & more! Therefore, if this is something that piques your curiosity, stick with us.
Mr. Iglesias is an American comedy show that debuted on June 21, 2019, on Netflix. Gabriel Iglesias is one of the stars of the show. He is also one of the executive producers, along with Kevin Hench, Joe Meloche, and Ron DeBlasio. The show was picked up for a second season in August 2019, and it started on June 17, 2020. On December 8, 2020, the second half of the second season came out.
After three seasons, the show was taken off the air in July 2021.
Mr. Iglesias comes next “a nice public high school teacher who works at the school he went to himself. He decides to teach kids who are smart but don’t fit in. He does this to keep them from being “counselled out” by a mean Assistant Principal and to help them reach their full potential.”
Mr. Iglesias Cast (main)
- Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias as Gabe Iglesias, a good-natured and fun-loving history teacher at Long Beach, California’s Woodrow Wilson High School. At the start of the show, he had just stopped drinking, and he now goes to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings regularly. His biggest loves in life, besides his friends and students, are professional wrestling and his Volkswagen Bus.
- Sherri Shepherd plays Paula Madison, the principal at Wilson High who has been divorced three times. She used to be a teacher, and her record is said to be very good. She is always looking for a new lover, and her profile is on almost every dating app.
- Jacob Vargas plays Tony Ochoa, Gabe’s best friend since high school and an honours history teacher at Wilson High. He has a problem with gambling, and Abby makes him feel good. He tells his classes that he is easygoing.
- Maggie Geha plays Abby Spencer, the new history teacher at Wilson High who is too good and naive. She doesn’t like Tony the same way that he likes her. She is religious because she often talks about faith (such as saying verses from the Bible, etc.)
- Richard Gant plays Ray Hayward, Gabe and Tony’s old English teacher at Wilson High who still teaches there. His relationship with his wife is complicated, and he only talks about her when he asks people not to tell her about what he does.
- Gabe’s favourite student, Marisol Fuentes, played by Cree Cicchino, is smart and always does well in school. She works three jobs and goes to school at the same time. During the school play, she starts to like Mikey. Eventually, they kiss and become a couple. Gabe and Mr. Hayward have to convince her to apply to Stanford, where she has the grades to have a shot at getting in.
- Mikey Gutierrez, played by Fabrizio Guido, is one of Gabe’s dumb students who likes Marisol. During the mid-season two finale, the two of them kiss and become a couple.
- Tucker Albrizzi plays Walt, one of Gabe’s less-than-smart students who likes Jamaican culture, especially Reggae music and marijuana. He appears in season 2 and occasionally in season 1. Walt’s father is known for being a jerk.
Recurring Cast and Characters of Mr. Iglesias
- Oscar Nunez plays Carlos Hernandez, the assistant principal at Wilson High. Both the teachers and the students don’t like him, and he often gets into fights with Gabe. He tried to kick Gabe’s students out of school in the first season because they hurt the school’s reputation, but he failed. In the next season, he tries to teach theatre to students and becomes more likeable, even though he is still very awkward around other people.
- Walt’s best friend is Coy Stewart, who plays Lorenzo. Lorenzo is one of Gabe’s students. He is funny and paranoid, and he is always worried that the government is watching him. In season 1, Lorenzo starts dating Rita Perez, and in season 2, we find out that they are still together after a year.
- Gloria Aung plays Grace, one of Gabriel’s students who likes to hack and is often called “weird.” At the start of season 1, Grace is so shy that she has to use a text-to-speech programme on her computer to talk to anyone other than Gabe. With Gabe’s help and support, she starts to come out of her shell and be able to talk to other people.
- In the first season, Bentley Green played Rakeem Rozier, the spoiled star running back who just switched from Abby’s class to Gabe’s. He was a proud procrastinator at first because he was given unlimited time on his assignments. Coach Dixon told him to stay closed-minded, but Gabe told Rakeem to try studying and get better at other things.
- Kathryn Feeney plays Katie, a waitress at DeBlasio’s Restaurant and later at Roxanne’s, where teachers go to hang out after work.
- Coach Dixon, the stupid and rude football coach at Wilson High, is played by Christopher McDonald. He cares more about sports than schoolwork, and he has a “slight” problem with drinking.
- Chris Garcia plays Wilson High School science teacher Mr. Gomez.
Mr. Trujillo is played by Jesus Trejo. He is another science teacher at Wilson High. Everyone sees him with Mr. Gomez.
- In season 2, Brooke Sorenson plays Whitney, a spoiled honours student who is not very humble and who joins Mr. Iglesias’ class.
- Elora Casados as Jackie (season 2), the new guidance counsellor and Gabe’s new love interest. Casados got her start in acting after working as a costumer on the show.
- Megyn Price plays Walt’s mom, Jessica Dobbs, on the show. She is divorced from Walt’s father and regularly attends the same Alcoholics Anonymous meeting group that Gabe goes to. Gabe and she are both interested in each other, but they decide not to pursue it until Gabe has been sober for a full year. They don’t want to risk Gabe going back to drinking.
- Ron Pearson plays Jim, the school cleaner who can juggle and balance things on his chin. In season one, he wins the school talent show.
- Joel McHale plays Abby’s ex-boyfriend Danny. When she finds out he’s been cheating on her, she breaks up with him. In “Oh Boy, Danny,” he tries to get Abby back by going to Long Beach, but she turns him down. At the end of the episode, he tells Abby that he plans to finish his contract in South Dakota and then move to Long Beach for good to win her trust back.
- Rita Perez, played by Maria Quezada, is a tough student with a history and a crush on Lorenzo.
- Filipino-American Bob, played by Jo Koy, owns a taco food truck.
- Franco Escamilla plays Marisol’s father, Joaquin Fuentes, in season 2. He is estranged from the rest of his family, so his relationship with Marisol is tense.
So that is all in this article “Mr. Iglesias Cast” We hope you learn something. So keep an eye out and stay in touch. Follow us on trendingnewsbuzz.com to find the best and most interesting content from all over the web.