The sitcom is a category that made many fans at the golden times. One of the sitcoms that got some positive responses from the audience is Drifters. The description of the second season of the show is covered in this part of the article.
Jessica Knappett is the creator and writer of the sitcom that got released on 31st October 2013 on E4.
Simon Wilson, Damon Beesley, Iain Morris are the executive producers of the American show.
“Drifters” has completed its four seasons with a total of 24 episodes. Each episode has a running time of 23 minutes.
What Is the Plotline of the Tv Series Drifters Season 2?
The story of the series revolves around the lives of two cousins named Meg and Bunny and their best friend, Laura. They are the residents of Leeds after completing their graduation from University. Meg and Bunny are India Return. The description of their character and lives is already mentioned in the cast section.
The second season starts with the announcement of a trial separation between Meg’s parents. After hearing this, Meg is upset. Meanwhile, Frank stays at Mark’s residence, and Jenny is dressed up as a young woman. Meg gets attracted to her neighbor, Scott. However, the couple later reunites. On the other hand, Bunny is hanging out with Benji, a banjo player in a band. Benji soon gets out of the band, due to which Bunny gets uninterested in him. Meanwhile, Laura claims Gary to be a veteran of an Afghanistan war and a Paralympian.
After having problems in their personal life, Meg arranges a girls’ night. Laura and Bunny insist on playing truth and dare, after which the situation becomes out of control. Meg and Bunny face each other on having a crush on Scott.
Later, Meg discovers that every known person is on a new dating app named BangR. To prove to Mark that she has moved on, she decides to create an ID on the app. Soon, she joins the app and finds a date.
In the fourth episode of the series, a new character, Leia, arrives. According to everyone, she is beautiful and is known to Meg and Bunny from their Indian trip. However, Meg doesn’t like her much.
Meg gets stuck in two situations and struggles to run between the events. Bunny and Laura deal with their situations. Mega gets a job at a trendy charity HumanKind UK. She has to win over her boss Rebecca. Meanwhile, Bunny faces trouble at her office.
The Release Date: When Was the Second Season of the Tv Show Drifters Came Into Existence?
The second season of the show came into existence on 23rd October 2014. It consisted of six episodes that came to an end on 28th November 2014.
What Are the Names of the Characters Involved in the Second Season of the Drifters?
The main characters are the trio of the girls, Meg, Bunny, and Laura. The description of the characters is given below.
- Meg, played by Jessica Knappett, is the protagonist of the series who is graduated from University in India. She recently had a break-up with his ex-boyfriend Mark who left her with her cousin Bunny. She is waiting for a glamorous media job and is ready to get to go with real life.
- Bunny, played by Lydia Rose Bewley, is the stylish and strange cousin of Meg. She is also a spiritual soul who is also India return. She has tried everything from sitting in front of an artist as a model to asking for life lessons. She also tried acting and singing but failed.
- Laura, played by Lauren O’Rourke, is a rude, rough, and vulgar girl who is happy with his boyfriend, Gary. She is a type of character from whom nobody would mess.
- Frank, played by Bob Mortimer, is the proud father of Meg. According to Meg, their parents are proud of her brother James, not Meg.
- Jenny, played by Arabella Weir, is the mother of Meg. After her return from India, Meg found that her mother has turned her bedroom into a walk-in wardrobe for herself.
- Mark, played by Philip McGinley, is the ex of Meg, who was weedy and needy initially. However, things change when Meg is forced to move in with him again.
- Gary, played by Bobby Hirston, is the long-term boyfriend of Laura. He is an underachiever with no job, no life goals, and questionable hygiene. The pillars of their relationship are his hopelessness and Laura’s temper.
- Malcolm, played by Nick Mohammed, is the boss of the girls. He is lustful, stupid, and a jobsworth who works in promotions. He joins the trio to promote items on the streets wearing silly outfits.
- Scott, played by Brett Goldstein, is the neighbor of Meg and Mark. He is a good-looking trainee counselor on whom Meg and Bunny have a crush.
The Other Characters of the Series Are:
- James’s role played by Sam Jackson
- Sara’s role played by Alice Barlow
- Hot & Cold’s role played by Perry Fitzpatrick
What Are the Ratings of the Second Season of the Drifters?
“Drifters” has received positive reviews from critics. It has a rating of 7.1 out of 10 on IMDb.
Where Can We Watch the Tv Series Drifters?
There are many websites available over the internet where you can watch the series. The most famous one is Netflix but only available in some regions.
It is also available on Amazon Prime. You can watch the first episode for free but with ads. You can buy the rest of the episodes of season 2.
Some other websites like Tubi also feature the series but are only available in some regions.
The show is all available to stream on Amazon Prime and many other platforms for free. You can enjoy it from there.
Keep enjoying Drifters!