The Mexican Netflix series Who Killed Sara premiered on March 24. It struck the ideal blend between a suspenseful mystery and good old-fashioned family drama.
So here it is! We get some descriptive overview for you.
Who Killed Sara? is a Netflix original Mexican mystery thriller series created by José Ignacio Valenzuela and produced by Perro Azul that premiered on March 24, 2021. Manolo Cardona plays Lex Guzmán, a man wrongfully convicted of the murder of his sister, a crime he did not commit.
Season 2 premiered on May 19, 2021, just two months after the first season. The Season 3 premiere date is given towards the end of the Season 2 ending credits.
The series follows Lex Guzmán, who is hellbent on finding out who killed his sister Sara and exacting vengeance on the Lazcano family who wronged him after serving 18 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.
Also read: What’s Up With Panic 2021 Web Series?
To date Who Killed Sara?, is a 2 seasons series on Netflix. In the coming days, there is hope for the third season to join up soon.
- Manolo Cardona as Álex Guzmán, After serving 18 years in jail for a crime he did not commit, a former inmate vows to seek vengeance for the death of his sister Sara. He establishes a romance with Elisa Lazcano as the series continues.
- Leo Deluglio as young Álex Guzmán.
- Alejandro Nones as Rodolfo Lazcano, The eldest child of César and Mariana, as well as Alex’s former best friend, who dated Sara before her death.
- Andrés Baida [es] as young Rodolfo Lazcano.
- Ximena Lamadrid as Sara Guzmán, the late younger sister of Álex, whose death is what led to the events of the series. She was in a relationship with Rodolfo Lazcano.
- Carolina Miranda as Elisa Lazcano, César and Mariana’s only child, who agrees to assist Alex in finding Sara’s genuine killer, even if it means exposing her family’s sins. She develops a friendship with Alex as the series proceeds.
- Eugenio Siller as José María “Chema” Lazcano, César and Mariana’s middle child, and a close buddy of Lex’s who, after coming out as gay, has a strained connection with his family. He is dating Lorenzo and the two want to start a family together.
- Polo Morín as young José María Lazcano.
- Fátima Molina as Clara, Chema’s close friend, who agrees to help him and Lorenzo have a child by impregnating herself.
- Ginés García Millán as César Lazcano, a multibillionaire businessman who is the patriarch of the Lazcano family.
- Claudia Ramírez as Mariana Lazcano, the wife of César Lazcano and mother of Rodolfo, José María, and Elisa.
- Juan Carlos Remolina as Sergio Hernández, César best friend and business partner.
- Héctor Jiménez as Elroy, Mariana’s adopted son and loyal adviser.
- Marco Zapata as young Elroy.
- Litzy as Marifer, Sara’s best friend and Alex’s former lover.
- Ela Velden as young Marifer.
- Luis Roberto Guzmán as Lorenzo Rossi, a lawyer who is Chema’s boyfriend and wants to raise a child with him.
- Ana Lucía Domínguez as Sofía, Rodolfo’s estranged wife.
- Iñaki Godoy as Bruno, Sofia’s teenage son and Rodolfo’s stepson.
When you think you’ve figured it everything, another plot twist occurs. Or, at least, that’s what happened in Netflix’s Who Killed Sara? Season 2 finale. The hit streaming series has kept viewers on the edge of their seats for 18 episodes, waiting for the show’s greatest reveal: who cut the ropes on Sara Guzman’s parachute and killed her?
Nicandro, a former friend of Chema and Rodolfo, and Dr.Alanis, Sara’s psychiatrist, are the true perpetrators of Sara’s murder. The camera cuts to Nicandro conversing on the phone with his accomplice in the last scene of the episode.
He’s looking through file cabinets for Sara’s file, and as he rummages through the manila folder, we see him come across two photos: one of Dr. Alanis and the other of Sara, with the words “SG – First patient of the study” scribbled on the back.
Also read: Reviewing Counterpart Season 3!
Mexican actress Ximena Lamadrid. She is well known for her portrayal of Sara Guzmán in the Mexican criminal drama soap opera Who Killed Sara?
Sara had a mental disease background. Sara was seen battling with her mental health, having breakdowns in her room, and physically abusing her mother in several flashbacks. Sara’s mental health deteriorated to the point where her mother sought help from Dr. Alanis, who confirmed Sara’s diagnosis of schizophrenia and paranoia.
But here’s where things get a little murky: Sara acquired her mental illnesses from her father, Abel, who happens to be Marifer’s father. Yes, Marifer did indeed “murder” her half-sister.
Sara made steps to “treat” her mental illness, according to what we know. She was even subjected to electro-shock therapy in one scene. If she was involved in anything, it was most likely the SG project.
The NetflixNetflix originals Who Killed Sara?, has gathered an IMDb rating of 6.5 out of 10 from 11K IMDb users.
A competent vengeance thriller with just enough to distinguish it from the pack. It contains a few logical flaws, but the overall feel is lively enough, and the performances are good enough to maintain viewers’ interest. A gripping, vengeance-driven murder mystery.
Who Killed Sara? on Netflix is the ideal murder mystery. The murder mystery part of the story keeps you interested throughout. The flashbacks are used to their full potential. The cast takes the show to new heights.
Yes of course there are trailers for Who Killed Sara?, already launched.
In the Season 2 conclusion, there were far too many unsolved plotlines. But there’s a catch with Who Killed Sara? It pulls you back in again and again. And it’s for this reason that we’re confident we’ll see our favourite characters in Season 3 soon.
“It’s Official: Another Season is Coming,” a message announces at the end of the Season Two finale credits. Netflix hasn’t said anything about the renewal or when the new season will be released.
Who Killed Sara?, has got a lot more to be explored. And soon we will come up with something more about it and other entertainment! Until then stay up with us.
Do share your opinions in the comment box below. Stay tuned at Trending News Buzz – Latest News, Breaking News, Entertainment, Gaming, Technology News for more similar updates.