Proxy servers have been gaining more acceptance and popularity over the past years. It is a very helpful tool since they communicate with the website server on behalf of the user. In a normal connection, when users visit any web page, they are directly getting in contact and sharing data with the website server, specifically their IP address. However, when a proxy server is used, it makes requests on behalf of the individuals who initiated the process. Thus, it acts as an intermediary between users and the website server.
Proxies are powerful tools that are characterized by their dynamism, flexibility, and diversity. Using a proxy server could be a highly beneficial decision as it helps and improves privacy, performance, and security. Additionally, it also allows users to have greater management and control of the footprint they leave on the internet.
One of the most appealing and outstanding characteristics of this technology is that it has more than ten different types of proxy servers. This allows users to choose the type that better fits their needs and preferences. These types are divided into different categories: in terms of the origin of the IP address, according to the level of anonymity, based on the protocol, depending on the duration, and the modification of the data. Because proxies are extremely varied, it is advisable for users to know the basic types of proxy servers and how they differ, so that they can make the most suitable decision and get the most out of this tool.
According to the IP origin
- RESIDENTIAL PROXY – it is probably the most used and known proxy worldwide. It is the best option for many users because it goes unnoticed since IP addresses come from real and physical devices. Individuals that employ this kind of proxy, are considered by the website servers as organic users.
- DATACENTER PROXY – this kind of proxy server imitates a real internet connection but they are not associated with a real ISP. In other terms, the IP addresses are not associated with a physical location. Instead, it is artificially created from data centers. Datacenter proxies are more likely to be banned, although they tend to be faster.
In terms of their anonymity level
- TRANSPARENT PROXY – better known as intercepting proxy, it does not provide any private or secure connection. The website servers can detect quite easily that users are connected to a proxy since they pass the real IP address and location to the servers. It is mainly used for filtering content and caching purposes.
- ANONYMOUS PROXY – when users employ this kind of proxy server, their data, such as IP address and location, are not forwarded to the web server. Instead, they obtain a fake IP address. Websites can identify that a proxy server is being used and sometimes they can deny access to proxies.
- ELITE PROXY – this type of proxy provides complete anonymity to individuals. It modifies the HTTP header to eliminate all the user’s information. Therefore, the website is unable to detect if a proxy is being used by an individual.
Based on the protocol
- HTTP PROXY – this proxy behaves as a channel that routes HTTP requests from the web browser to the network. Its main purpose is to provide caching to the web pages to have them load faster so users can enjoy better performance. They are also used for web filtering.
- SSL PROXY – it works as a Secure Sockets Layer protocol that protects the user’s data during any kind of transmission from web users to web servers. It is highly used to increase security as it provides an extra layer of protection as well as an end-to-end encrypted service.
Depending on the proxy duration
- ROTATING IP PROXY – this type of proxy randomly assigns a different IP address at every certain interval of time. This type of proxy server is used by individuals that need to do continuous web scraping.
- STATIC IP PROXY – also known as Non-Rotating IP proxy, this type of proxy maintains the same IP address for the duration of the connection. It is highly used in most applications or add-ons.
Based on data modification
- FORWARD PROXY – this type of proxy is used by individuals to access the website servers. Its main function is to forward the request from the user to the server and then send the information back to the user.
- REVERSE PROXY – the purpose of this proxy is to keep the web server safe and secure from incoming traffic. Unlike the other proxies, this one is positioned in front of the webserver and forwards the requests from a browser to the website server.
Seek for more than a proxy service
Definitely, one of the biggest advantages of proxy servers is the variety of services they provide. However, for those users who are looking for more than just having a more organic experience with few or no inconveniences, another great option is to obtain Non-VoIP numbers. They are more commonly known as virtual numbers and their greatest characteristic is the independence of location, which means that they do not relay on any physical location – anyone can get a Non-VoIP number, no matter where they are.
VerifyWithSMS is a service that offers users the possibility to acquire a as many US Non-VoIP numbers as they want. Users from around the world are enchanted with this service because it is fast, reliable, and simple to use.
With these virtual numbers, users can validate their favorite platforms with just the click of a button. Non-VoIP numbers are certainly perfect for going under the radar and breaking restrictive barriers.
Without a doubt this service is simple, fast and reliable. Get a Non-VoIP number and start to enjoy all the benefits. Take a look now!