If there is a battle between to comics’ world, it has to be Marvel and DC comics. These two comic worlds made both our childhood and youth colorful with its amazing superheroes. Everybody loves Superman, Batman, Iron man, Spiderman and all. These love become more intense after they started to turn those comics into movies. Today let’s have a look at Marvel and Dc Comics-based movies that could have been box office hits.
It is an American comic book related media. Marvel Entertainment, LLC, and The Walt Disney Company own it. Martin Goodman founded the company in 1959. One of the key people of this comics was our beloved Stan Lee. This comic world gave us numerous superheroes like Hulk, Thor, Guardians Of The Galaxy, X-Men, etc. It also gave us Supervillains like Red Skull, Von Doom, Dormammu, Loki, Venom, etc.
It is also an American publishing company that owned by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson founded this company in 1934. It is one of the oldest comics. We have got superheroes like Batman, Aquaman, etc. while super villains like legendary Joker. It’s the Batman series one of the best selling comics of the time.
Top 10 Marvel and DC Comics That Could Have Been Box Office Hits
Marvel always gave its best box office hits. But in the case of DC Comics, some of their movies became flops. Here is a list for those movies that could have been hits, but somehow ended up being flops. (Marvel and DC)
- Green Lantern: Ryan Reynolds gave his full effort in the character of Green Lantern but it seemed that that wasn’t enough to make that movie. Although it had strong fan-following in comics and TV.
- Supergirl: It was DC’s first feature-length superhero movie with a female cast.
- Superman IV: Though Christopher Reeve is one of the best DC character incarnations, but things somehow didn’t go well in Superman IV.
- Batman and Robin: They are known to be one of the best pairs. But on-screen this movie ended up in failure.
- Justice League: We saw all DC superheroes in one movie. But still, it is the major disappointment in the whole DC world alone. It has a great response in the comic though.
- Hulk: Although we loved Hulk in comics, but Edward Norton’s Hulk failed to make a mark on the box office.
- Fantastic Four: This version of Fantastic Four was a massive flop in Marvel world for its controversial casting.
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron: We know all the Avengers movies are massive hits. But in comparison with others, it was a flop though.
- Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance: Although we loved these comics, but it failed to create an impact on the box office.
- Blade: Trinity: it was one of the loveable comics. The first two movies were hit but Blade: Trinity didn’t do well in the box office.