Released by Nintendo for Gamescube in 2002, Super Mario Sunshine is is 2nd 3D platformer in the Super Mario series right after Super Mario 64 in 1996. Shigeru Miyamoto & Takashi Tezuka produced the game whereas Kenta Usui and Yoshiaki Koizumi directed it.
Super Mario Sunshine begins on the premise of tropical Isle Delfino where a villain named Shadow Mario vandalizes the island with Graffiti all over the place. His appearance resembles to the mario.
Hence, framing him for all his wrong deeds. Then Mario is punished to clean up Isle Delfino using a device called Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device and at the same time, saving Princess Peach from Shadow Mario.
Found Super mario sunshine’s preface fascinating? It’s even more riveting once you start playing Gamecube’s Super Mario Sunshine on your PC. Let’s get started with the steps to set up Super Mario Sunshine Rom on Windows 10 using a Nintendo Emulator for PC:
How to play Super Mario Sunshine on Windows 10
Even though, Super Mario Sunshine was released exclusively for Nintendo Gamecube. Today, because of the Dolphin Emulator, it’s possible to play this legendary video game title on your PC, & smartphone.
Android users can directly install its app from the Google Play Store whereas iOS users must have a jailbroken iPhone/iPad to sideload its app.
Note: The method described below works to play Super Mario Sunshine on Windows 10 PC.
How to get a Dolphin Emulator?
The first and foremost step is to download the latest stable version of Dolphin Emulator & install it on your PC.
Dolphin Emulator’s download page is distributed into three sections:
- Beta Versions.
- Development Versions.
- Stable Versions.
Here, you can download the beta version to try out all the new features. However, you may encounter some bugs here and there. On the other hand, stable versions come with no major bugs. In case, there’s an issue, you can always go back to the older versions available on Dolphin Emulator’s website.
- Once the latest version of the Dolphin emulator is downloaded, extract its files using archive managers like 7-Zip or WinRAR.
- Create a new location to unpack all its files & Super Mario Sunshine files at a dedicated place.
- When the extraction is complete, find the .exe file ‘Dolphin-x64’. Launch the application, follow all the instructions carefully, and install the Dolphin Emulator on your PC.
We’ve reached halfway. Now, we’re left with installing the Super Mario Sunshine Rom & start playing the video game on your PC.
Where to Install Super Mario Sunshine ROMs?
In case you aren’t aware, the dolphin emulator is used to bring console’s functionality to PC. Therefore, you’ll need to download Super Mario Sunshine’s latest ROM. You can download the game data from the site of your choice. In my case, I’ve downloaded the Super Mario Sunshine rom from roms-download.com.
On its download page, select ‘Browser Download‘ option to begin downloading Super Mario Sunshine Rom of 1.27 GB. Once again extract the zip file to the previously saved location. Once done, you need to open the ROM into the Dolphin Emulator.
Do you know how to actually do this? No worries if you don’t. Next, I’ll explain the complete process of adding Super Mario Sunshine ROM or any other nintendo ROM to the emulator.
How to add Super Mario Sunshine ROM to the Dolphin Emulator?
Step 1. Go to the Main Menu. Select ‘Config’ and then ‘Paths’.
Step 2. Now, after selcting the ‘Configure’ function, you’re redirected to the file storage. Browse the folder where you’ve saved the Super Mario Sunshine ROM.
Step 3. Click on refresh & the page will reload to display you all the recently uploaded ROM files. If you can’t see the Super Mario Sunshine ROM, redo everything again from the step 1.
Step 4. Even after changing the confgurations in the general settings, The DOlphin Emulator lets you tweak the ROM individually. All you’ve to do is open properties. However, before you do so, there’s one thing you need to keep in mind – every gaming ROM is unique & making some unnecessary changes may lead to some unecpected crash.
Step 5. With the absense of GUI, you need to save the settings in a text file manually. GUI yet.
That’s all you need to install Super Mario Sunshine Rom or any other rom on the dolphin emulator. If you’re further looking to run the 30 FPS game at 60 FPS, this video 👇 is what you need to watch.
Is Super Mario Sunshine so hated & Why?
Hated is a quite a strong word. Instead, I would prefer saying it’s lowest tier mario game in the franchise. And FYI, the honour of most hated mario game belongs to Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. That’s why Nintendo USA was forced to release an entirely different game under the name Super Mario Bros 2.
In all of 3D Mario games, Super Mario Sunshine is probably the lease favorite among the fans. Look how these 6 six 3D mario titles. How, they well they performed as compared to Super Mario Sunshine:
- Super Mario 64 was the game that popularized the 3d platforming genre among its fans.
- Super Mario Galaxy is one big, exuberant, and joyful video game. Within no time of its release, Super Mario Galaxy becaeme one of best selling 3d Mario games. I don’t there’s any one out there who dislikes the game.
- Super Mario Odyssey is the largest of the games that comes with couple of varities. Hence, providing something for all skill levels.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more published version of Super Mario Galaxy. It was mainly purchased by those who loved the first title of the series.
- Despite of getting high number of sales, Super Mario 3D Land failed as it was a handheld console. The game received 90/8.5 User score at Metacritic. Hence. making it one of the lowest rated 3d mario games.
- With distinctive in-game mechanics, Super Mario 3D does give a nostalgic feel. However, this doesn’t save the game from getting high criticisms from mario fans.
- The last one in this list is Super Mario Sunshine. The game received 92% Metacritic score & 8.6 on the user ratings. That’s a bit higher than Super Mario 3D Land & 3D Sonic game.
What’s wrong with Super Mario Sunshine?
Super Mario Sunshine isn’t the worst Mario game. However, it isn’t good either. It has some problems. Let’s take a look at each of them one-by-one:
- 3D mario game overuses the in-built FLUDD mechanics. Hence, taking away everything that makes mario one of best gaming franchise.
- It was never a replacement for classic mario games like Super Mario Galaxy, mario 64 and odyssey.
- Super Mario Sunshine is filled with glitches and bugs.
- Beach, hotel, building, town everythiing looks the same. No real differences.
Nintendo bringing Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy to Switch
At the beginning of Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary, Nintendo announced a remake of iconic super mario games for Nintendo Switch gaming console. Super Mario games that’ll release alongside Super Mario Sunshine are
- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario Galaxy,
- Super Mario 3D World.
Nintendo further confirmed that Nintendo Switch will include the optimized version of the upcoming mario games in a single package. The remake versions will come with higher resolution to provide gaming experience suitable for Nintendo Switch.
Frequently Asked Questions | Super Mario Sunshine Rom
Q: Is Luigi in Super Mario Sunshine?
A: No, he want’t invited on the trip to Delfino Island.
Q: Is Super Mario Sunshine Rom available in 60FPS?
A: Originally, Super Mario Sunshine is a 30FPS game. However, Nintendo fans have managed to run Gamecube’s classic video game Super Mario Sunshine in 60FPS.
Q: How do I get dolphin to run at 60FPS?
A: Simply enable the vbeam speedhack. Once done, tell Dolphin’s audio output to make Super Mario Sunshine run at 60 FPS without side effects.
Q: Where to get Super Mario Sunshine Rom?
A: You can download Super Mario Sunshine Rom at Emulatorgames.net, roms-download.com, romsgames.net and gamulator.com
Q: Is Super Mario Sunshine Rom difficult to play on PC?
A: Yeah! It’s super hard. You can’t perform long jump in the game and completiing the first world is way too hard for anyone. The timed red coins on those levels are the f**k**g worst.
Q: Is Super Mario Sunshine Rom available on Switch?
A: It isn’t yet. However, Nintendo is planning to make a remake of Super Mario Sunshine video game for Switch.
Even though you can play countless Nintendo Games on your PC with Dolphin Emulator, Super Mario Sunshine is a perfect game for Emulation newbies.
Dolphin Emulator is inherent and well-adapted to all the litte details of the franchise and its detailed Wiki, active user community is a plus as they help you in all the complicated gaming matters. That’s all for now. If you’ve any questions or facing problem in playing Super Mario Sunshine ROM, do let me know in the comments section given below.