Are you looking for some romance, comedy, and thriller? Then Sistas is the one for you! Tyler Perry’s Sistas is the rom-com about single black females from different walks of life bonding over common thread!
Here’s more of it that you need to know.
Tyler Perry developed, wrote, and executive produced Sistas, an American comedy-drama television series that aired on BET on October 23, 2019. BET renewed the show for a second season on May 12, 2020, with Perry confirming that filming would begin on July 8, 2020.
Also, BET confirmed on September 2, 2020 that the second season will launch on October 14, 2020. BET renewed the series for a third season on January 19, 2021. On June 9, 2021, the third season premiered which is the finale season till date.
Sistas follows a group of single Black women “as they manage their ‘complex love life,’ careers, and friendship through the ups and downs of living in a modern world of social media and unrealistic relationship ambitions,” according to the show’s description.
Tyler Perry takes viewers on a roller coaster of emotions and gut-wrenching situations that will put the ladies’ long-standing friendship to the test. As they hunt for love in their thirties, these group of ladies must navigate this new-age dating scene, intermingled with their newfound relationships.”
Also read: Is There Going To Be Bosch Season 8?
Andrea and Gary are the main characters towards the end of Season 2. Following a rocky period, the high-powered attorney establishes firm boundaries in her relationship with Gary and her expectations for the future. She seemed to be in a pleasant frame of mind after discussing her decision with her friends.
Because the women have such a strong bond, everything boils down to their influences on one another, and the entire programme revolves around them. Season 2 ends with Sabrina and her new love interest, but an old flame is still on her mind, so fans can expect more on her love life in Season 3.
- KJ Smith as Andrea “Andi” Barnes, an attorney who goes into a relationship with a married man
- Ebony Obsidian as Karen Mott, a hair salon owner in a complicated relationship as well as the love interest of a newly separated, married man
- Mignon Von as Daniella “Danni” King, an abrasive and young at heart airline supervisor
- Novi Brown as Sabrina Hollins, a bank worker who falls in love with a man whose sexuality she questions
- Chido Nwokocha as Gary Marshall Borders, a married man who starts a relationship with Andi
- DeVale Ellis as Zac, Karen’s ex whom he wants to get back with
- Brian Jordan Jr. as Maurice Webb, Sabrina’s coworker and gay friend
- Kevin Walton as Aaron Carter, Karen’s married love interest
- Anthony Dalton as Calvin Rodney, Sabrina’s love interest
- Crystal Hayslett as Fatima Wilson, Andi’s assistant at the firm and Zac’s new love interest (season 2–present; recurring season 1)
- Trinity Whiteside as Preston Horace, Danni’s new love interest (season 2–present; recurring season 1)
The exhilarating ride by Tyler Perry’s Sistas Web Series took us down to three seasons until this year! Now, we hope for season 4 to come up likely next year.
Also read: Is The Librarians Renewed For Season 5?
“Sistas” is currently available to view on fuboTV, Bet+ Amazon Channel, DIRECTV, Spectrum On Demand, or to purchase as a download on Google Play Movies, Vudu, and Amazon Prime Video.
On August 18, 2021, the third season came to an end. As a result, no new information on Sistas Season 4 has been released. However, based on the success of the previous three seasons, we may assume Tyler Perry is already working on the fourth installment’s script. The performers are excited to reprise their roles, but they are also unaware of any new developments. However, filming and production are expected to take a year.
Many cliff-hangers, including Andi, were left upset by Gary’s therapy in the season three finale. On the other hand, we can predict a fight between Karen and Fatima over Zac. We’re also interested to see how Danni and Preston’s relationship develops.
There’s little doubt that the following season will be more dramatic than the last one. There might be a lot more personalities and difficulties in the life of the main four women. There’s a chance that among the comedy and drama, we’ll be treated to some painful moments.
Sistas Web Series and the finale season 3 has got a lot more to be explored. And soon we will come up with something more about it and other entertainment! Until then stay up with us.
Do share your opinions in the comment box below. Stay tuned at Trending News Buzz – Latest News, Breaking News, Entertainment, Gaming, Technology News for more similar updates.