Pikmin 3 was by far the very popular mainstream Pikmin title, released in 2013. Pikmin 4 has been in development since quickly after its initial launch, according to Nintendo officials.
That being said, the last rumored announcement of Pikmin 4’s presence occurred years earlier, keeping some enthusiasts wondering if any advancement has been achieved on the game’s production.
Although the revival of Pikmin is fantastic as a deluxe version, it does raise concerns about a lengthy sequel: Pikmin 4.
Shigeru Miyamoto, the iconic game developer and franchise producer, unveiled the next numerical Pikmin title back in 2015.
In the 5 years after, though, we’ve learned very little about the project.
So, what went wrong?
What went wrong?
It’s difficult to say something changed to Pikmin 4 given the lack of facts and notifications over the last 5 years.
Given what Miyamoto said, it appears that the project ran into development problems.
A production reset akin to Metroid Prime 4 is likely, and given that the Pikmin series isn’t just as good as Metroid, the absence of an official disclosure will indeed be understandable.
Because Pikmin isn’t exactly one of Nintendo’s biggest giants, there hasn’t been much talk of the series’ fourth installment.
Most of what we hear about Pikmin 4 now comes from several comments accumulated over the past at E3 gatherings. If you are fan of Mario Kart 9 and have spend hours playing it then check out new announcement here.
Miyamoto Comments on Pikmin 4
- Around E3 in July 2016, GameRant had the opportunity to speak by none other than Shigeru Miyamoto more about the current status of Pikmin 4.
- Miyamoto had mentioned previously that Pikmin 4 was close to being finished in the preceding year anyway.
- Pikmin 4 was also not prominent on Nintendo’s priority list, according to Miyamoto in his GameRant conversation.
- Speaking between the words, Miyamoto appeared to be saying that designers who served on Pikmin were now focusing on some other, relatively high ventures, effectively putting Pikmin on the back burner.
- At E3 2017, Miyamoto talked with Eurogamer about Pikmin 4. Instead of offering some new information about the game’s development, Miyamoto confirmed that Nintendo still was improving.
Nintendo Comments on Pikmin 4
Nintendo acknowledged the title was in progress in an additional comment but added that its sheer mention was “everything [it] could prove at the moment”.
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Pikmin has been most notably resurrected in Oct. 2020, when Pikmin 3, which was eventually launched for the Wii U, was relaunched for the Nintendo Switch in a remastered edition.
Pikmin 3 Deluxe received positive reviews, which may be excellent news for fans looking for the next mainstream release as early as possible.
If you are interested in basketball games and NBA give you chills, then you should check out the new announcement of NBA Games here.
Why is Pikmin 4 still possible?
- If not a deliberate measuring stick of fan engagement in the franchise, favorable popular reaction to Pikmin 3 Deluxe is at most an indication that gamers are all still open to Pikmin’s gameplay.
- Pikmin coasters were recently added to Nintendo’s loyalty program. Although it’s doubtful that the requests for those coasters ever had any effect on Pikmin 4’s destiny, this is yet another sign that the Pikmin series is still alive and well, worthy of its long-awaited continuation.
If you love Mobile driving game, then you should check out the new mobile games that are breaking the internet right now!
While we still wouldn’t learn how Pikmin 4 is doing, the Pikmin 3 Deluxe release has given enthusiasts a new excuse to be optimistic.
After unveiling the update, Nintendo might use it to generate buzz in the franchise or add new audiences to it.
And, with the Switch’s sales figures against Pikmin 3’s original platform, the port would appeal to a much wider public.
But only time will tell the fate of Pikmin 4.
So what do you think of the new developments taking place and where does your optimism stand on the release of the much-awaited game in the comment section.