Planning for travel can be a bit challenging at times. I often find myself comparing airfares, bus and train ticket prices, and trying to find the best routes. I have to switch between multiple tabs to do all of this. How can you find the best prices and routes for traveling in Europe?
Omio is a helpful travel search engine and booking app that makes things easier for you. This app is great for planning your travels.
You have the option to book flights, trains, and buses to more than 80,000+ destinations in 12+ European countries. This includes not just big cities and airports, but also small towns and villages that can be reached by trains and coaches.
The great thing about it is that it provides information on both the cheapest and fastest options.
I love traveling by train the most. Whenever I can, I choose to travel by train if it’s feasible, practical, and I have enough time.
Train travel has a certain romantic charm. Imagine gliding through a country at a fast pace, all while you unwind by reading, listening to music, or simply gazing out the window, observing the world passing by.
How Omio works?
Getting started with your search is quite easy. Please provide the departure and destination points, date/s, and number of people traveling, then click on ‘Search’. Before you click on ‘Search’, you can enter the details of your discount rail card for any European countries here.
You will receive information about flights, train tickets, and coach tickets. The results will include details about the times, prices, and routes for each option. The fastest and cheapest options will be highlighted. It also provides information about rail, coach, and airline companies.
Since I wanted to travel by train, I decided to do some more research. I chose my departure time and selected the train ticket I wanted at the bottom of the screen.
On the next screen, I was able to choose my seating class and select from various ticket options. Each ticket had details about exchange and cancellation terms.
You can also access the route details from the top right corner at this stage.
If you like the options provided and this is the ticket you want, then you can proceed to book it. It is really that simple.
I recently made a simple booking for a popular route, and now I want to try out a less well-known one. I had to travel from Cardiff to Newtown in Mid Wales, and booking my ticket was really easy.
I chose train travel again because it’s my favorite option and it’s also the cheapest and fastest.
During my journey, I had to change trains in another town. The app provided all the details of the route, including the time I had between trains, which was 7 minutes in this case. I was really hoping there wouldn’t be any delays!
After I made the booking, I received an email that included the confirmation of my booking, the details of my journey, and instructions on where to collect my train ticket. In the UK, you need to print your ticket at a collection point machine at the railway station. The email also included an invoice.
The process for other options like coach and plane tickets is just the same, so overall, Omio is pretty easy to use.
What I Loved About Omio?
- The interface is very user-friendly, making it easy for both new and experienced users to find the information they need.
- I liked that it shows you the cheapest fares and fastest routes, so you don’t have to switch between different tabs.
- Another great advantage is the ability to easily change the currency in which prices are shown.
- You can use Amex for payments and earn Avios points, which can be redeemed for free travel in the future.
What Could Make It Better?
- Omio works in 12 countries right now, which is great. There are still a lot of European countries that aren’t on the list, though, so it would be great if it got longer.
- You can change the currencies, but right now there are only 9 currencies to choose from. Also, it would be great to have more currencies so that the app could reach more people. As the saying goes, the more people who use it, the better it gets.
- It would also be nice to be able to pay with PayPal. For me, this is not a deal-breaker, though, because I like using my American Express to earn Avios points.
Overall, Omio is the best app for planning your trip if you are going to any of the countries listed: UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Poland, Belgium, Austria, or the Czech Republic. It makes study easy and quick.