Madea Cast: A Madea Family Funeral (Comedy Film)!
This article will discuss topics like “Madea Cast: A Madea Family Funeral” and Everything you need to know about the cast, the movie, & more! Therefore, if this is something that piques your curiosity, stick with us.
A Madea Family Funeral is an American comedy movie that came out in 2019. Tyler Perry wrote, directed, and made it. It is the eleventh movie in the Madea series and stars Perry, Cassi Davis, Patrice Lovely, and the title character. During a family get-together in Maxine, Georgia, Madea and her friends have to set up a funeral that was not planned.
The movie came out on March 1, 2019, in the United States. Most critics didn't like the movie, but it made more than $75 million around the world. This is the last Tyler Perry movie that Lionsgate will put out. From now on, Paramount Pictures and Netflix will be in charge of distributing his movies because of his deal with ViacomCBS. A Madea Family Funeral was supposed to be the last movie in the series, but in 2022, a new movie called A Madea Homecoming came out.
- Mabel “Madea” Simmons is a tough old woman played by Tyler Perry. Her brother is Joe Simmons.
- Brian Simmons is the son of Joe Simmons and the nephew of Madea Simmons and Heathrow Simmons.
- Heathrow Simmons is the brother of Madea and Joe, who is paralysed. He is also the uncle of Brian and the father of Vianne. Heathrow says he is a war hero who lost his legs and now uses a wheelchair and a voice box because he smoked too much. Madea says Heathrow lost his legs because he hit on a mobster's girlfriend, and Joe says Heathrow is diabetic.
- Cassi Davis plays Madea's cousin Aunt Bam.
- Madea and Bam's friend Hattie, played by Patrice Lovely,
- Jen Harper played Vianne, who was married to Anthony, was Heathrow's daughter, and was Madea and Joe's niece.
- Derek Morgan plays Anthony, who is Vianne's husband and dies too soon.
- Courtney Burrell plays A.J., the eldest son of Anthony and Vianne.
- Ciera Payton plays Sylvia, who is the daughter of Anthony and Vianne.
- Rome Flynn plays Jesse, the youngest son of Anthony and Vianne.
- KJ Smith plays A.J.'s wife, Carol.
- Aeriél Miranda plays Gia, Jesse's fiancée.
- Silvia's husband Will, played by David Otunga
- Renee, played by Quin Walters, was Anthony and Vianne's friend and one of Anthony's mistresses.
- Vermyttya Erahn plays Madea and Bam's friend Hattie.
- Christianee G. Porter performs as a soloist.
- Officer Willis, played by Joel Rush, is a police officer in Maxine, Georgia, who stops Brian. Rush plays the same role he did in If Loving You Is Wrong.
- Mike Tyson played Roy, a man with whom Vianne had a secret affair.
- Selena Anduze as a physician
- Ary Katz as the Undertaker
- As the Reverend, Darryl Handy
- Branden Miller as the con artist Joanne
- As Anthony's Mistress, Tiffany Black
Before filming Boo 2, there was a week of filming at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta in March 2017. A Madea Halloween, since this movie came out two years after A Madea Halloween. Tyler Perry plays a new character in this movie named Heathrow. He is Madea and Joe's brother and a Vietnam War veteran.
Lionsgate put the movie out in theatres in the United States on March 1, 2019. It was supposed to come out in the fall of 2018, but that didn't happen.
On October 31, 2018, Lionsgate put out a trailer for the movie. Lionsgate put the movie out on Blu-ray and DVD on June 4, 2019.
The Box Office
A Madea Family Funeral made $73.3 million in the U.S. and Canada and $1.5 million in other countries, for a total of $74.8 million worldwide. It cost $20 million to make.
Greta came out at the same time as A Madea Family Funeral in the United States and Canada. It was expected to make between $18 and $20 million in its first weekend from 2,442 theatres. It made $1.1 million from Thursday night previews, a record for the Madea films, as well as one of the highest of Perry's career. It went on to open with $27.1 million, coming in second at the box office behind How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, which had already been out for a while. This was the third-best opening of the series. The movie made $12.5 million in its second weekend, which was 53% less than its first weekend. It came in third, behind the new movie Captain Marvel and How to Train Your Dragon. In its third weekend, it made $8.1 million, which put it in fifth place.
Based on 36 reviews, the movie has an 11% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with an average rating of 3.7/10. The website's critical consensus says, “A Madea Family Funeral is a lacklustre end to Tyler Perry's long-running franchise. It shows that saying goodbye can be painful for all the wrong reasons.” On Metacritic, the average score from 11 critics is 39 out of 100, which means “generally negative reviews.” CinemaScore audiences gave the movie an average grade of “A-” on a scale from A+ to F, and PostTrak audiences gave it 4 out of 5 stars and a 67% “definite recommend” rating.
Ignatiy Vishnevetsky gave the movie a grade of D+ for The A.V. Club and wrote about the franchise, “The films are stupid, sloppy, tone-deaf, moralistic, and have no sense of quality control, but there's nothing quite like them.”
The movie got a 3 out of 5 stars from Common Sense Media, which said, “Madea says goodbye in a winning but dirty slapstick comedy.” The website recommended it for people over the age of 13.
So that is all in this article “Madea Cast” We hope you learn something. So keep an eye out and stay in touch. Follow us on trendingnewsbuzz.com to find the best and most interesting content from all over the web.
Comments are closed.