This article will discuss topics like “Ice Cube Will Not Give Up On ‘Friday’ Ownership” and Everything you need to know about this. Therefore, if this is something that piques your curiosity, stick with us.
Ice Cube has promised to keep working toward regaining control of the Friday franchise, despite the fact that he does not intend to take his dispute with Warner Bros. Studios to court at this time.
Recently, the rapper-turned-film executive had contact with a reporter from TMZ. The reporter started the conversation by asking the rapper-turned-film executive if it was possible for Ice Cube to resurrect the series under a new name. He claimed once more, as he has done previously, that Warner Bros. controls not just the name of the popular series, but also the names of the individual characters in the franchise.
Cube insisted that both parties must make use of the same intellectual property. It’s impossible to refer to today as Saturday without mentioning Craig and Day-Day. Therefore, it amounts to the same thing in essence.”
Ice Cube has made it clear that he is not interested in engaging in a legal battle with his former studio partners; however, he has vowed to continue fighting for ownership of the series, for which he wrote each of the three screenplays. Despite this, Ice Cube has made it clear that he will continue to fight for ownership of the series. To “convince Warner Bros. that they’re wrong” is what he is willing to do, however.
During a late night interview in 2017, Ice Cube was the first person to announce that he was working on a fourth film in the collection, which was going to be titled Last Friday. However, more than five years have passed since then, and that movie still hasn’t been made.
Cube revealed this information during a live recording of Drink Champs that took place in October at the Rock The Bells festival. He stated that he had in fact submitted two scripts to the studio, but both of them were turned down.
“I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture dude,” Ice Cube said, adding that the studio controls distribution rights for any sequels that may be produced in the future. “I had two scripts to choose from. I wrote one, and it was complete garbage. They said things such as, “Yo, we don’t want Craig and Day-Day in jail since Craig and Day-Day went to jail for selling pot before it was legal!” and “Yo, we don’t want Craig and Day-Day in jail.”
He continued by saying, “Then after they rejected it, they had all of these fucking movies about going to jail: Orange Is the New Black… Get Hard. After that, I created another script, and this time it was really about… the younger people in the hood having feud with the older people in the hood, and Craig having to come back and squash that beef because Smokey’s son is the new Deebo, and he’s wylin!
Cube followed by explaining that the studio kept delaying the approval of his script ideas until both John Witherspoon and Tommy Lister Jr. passed away, which had an effect on his initial vision for the fourth chapter of the series.
In December, he shared with Mike Tyson that despite his continued optimism that Warner Bros. will one day permit him to recapture the Friday franchise, Ice Cube is not willing to buy the intellectual property back from Warner Bros.
I’m not going to put anything on the line for it. He responded with, “Fuck no.” “They are going to make money, but only if they give it to me first. It wouldn’t occur to me to pay for my own items since I think it’s ridiculous… They need to act responsibly, get it to us, allow us to convert it into additional revenue, and put a smile on the faces of the fans… It opens up a lot of possibilities for us.
So that is all in this article “Ice Cube Will Not Give Up On ‘Friday’ Ownership” We hope you learn something. Therefore, keep an eye out and stay in touch. Follow us on trendingnewsbuzz.com to find the best and most interesting content from all over the web.