Stay updated with the latest news and developments for Ghosts Season 3. Get a sneak peek of the cast and new storylines for the hit comedy show. The television show “Ghosts” originated as a British production on BBC One, and was developed and written by a team of individuals who previously worked on the popular children’s program “Horrible Histories.” This historical sketch show was known for its comedic look at gruesome real-life events.
In “Ghosts,” the series follows the experiences of a group of ghosts who haunt a young couple who have inherited a countryside estate.
The show was well received by audiences and critics alike, and it was later adapted into an American adaptation by CBS. At present, the second season of the American version of “Ghosts” has recently concluded. So far, there is a confirmation available about the upcoming third season by CBS.
What Do We Know About Ghost Season 3 Release Date
At this time, there is no specific release date for “Ghosts” Season 3. However, there are reasons to believe that the third season may be released later in 2023 as per Dexerto.
View this post on Instagram
Recently, the show was officially renewed for a third season. According to a statement made by CBS entertainment president Amy Reisenbach, as reported by TV Line, the show has exceeded their expectations. Reisenbach commented that they have enjoyed getting to know the ghosts even better and that they love the characters more each week, much like the viewers.
The first season of the show aired in 2021 and was followed by the second season in 2022. Given this pattern, it is likely that the third season will also premiere this year, although it could be later in 2023 since the renewal was announced in January.
Ghosts Season 3 Cast
- Charlotte Ritchie portrays Alison Cooper in the show. Alison is a young woman who has received a mansion as an inheritance from Heather Button, a relative of unknown relation. After a close brush with death, caused by Julian pushing her out of a window, Alison is able to perceive, hear, and interact with ghosts.
- Kiell Smith-Bynoe plays Mike Cooper, Alison’s husband. Mike has big aspirations for the house but struggles to execute his plans effectively. Initially, he believes the ghosts to be just hallucinations of Alison’s, but he eventually comes to accept their presence and attempts to communicate with them, even though he cannot see them.
- Lolly Adefope portrays the character of Kitty, a Georgian noblewoman who is overly friendly and eager to make friends. She tries to hide her unhappy memories of her adoptive family, particularly those of her sister.
- Mathew Baynton plays Thomas Thorne, a romantic poet who was involved in a fatal duel in 1824. Simon Farnaby is Julian Fawcett, a Tory MP who died in a sex scandal in 1993.
- Martha Howe-Douglas plays Lady Stephanie ‘Fanny’ Button, an overbearing Edwardian lady who was pushed out of a window by her adulterous husband.
- Jim Howick plays Patrick ‘Pat’ Butcher, a friendly and polite leader of a youth group who was accidentally shot with an arrow.
- Laurence Rickard plays Rogh/’Robin’, a caveman who died of a lightning strike on the land where Button House now stands.
- Ben Willbond plays the Captain, a stern World War II army officer who is still obsessed with his time in the war and his rank as an officer. He was in charge of a weapons research unit in Button House during his service and has extensive knowledge of weapons.
Ghosts Season 3 Expected Plot
Currently, there is no official information available regarding the third season of the show “Ghosts”. However, if any updates are made, this section will be updated accordingly. Co-showrunner Joe Wiseman was interviewed by Gold Derby and spoke about the size of the cast in the show.
He stated that it was an unusually large cast and if the show was not already established, he and his co-showrunner, Joe, would not have taken on a half-hour network sitcom with ten regular cast members. However, the large cast is a part of the show’s charm.
Joe Wiseman, co-showrunner for Ghosts, mentioned in an interview that having a large cast of 10 regulars for the half-hour network sitcom was a unique challenge. Despite this, he considers it to be one of the strengths of the show. The team put a lot of effort into creating and defining each of the different ghost characters.
They were fortunate to have a talented cast that brought these characters to life. However, with only 21 minutes per episode, it can be difficult to give each character the screen time they deserve