Bratz: The Movie was first premiered 15 years ago and fans are still much more obsesses with the iconic outfits and songs to come out of greatest early 2000s movie ever. Bratz: The Movie is an American comedy movie which is based on fashion doll toyline of the same name from MGA entertainment.
In this article we are going to discuss about Bratz: The Movie which was released in 2007. The movie is directed by Sean McNamara with a screenplay by Susan Extelle Jansen from a tale penned by Adam De la pena and David Eilenberg. It was the first live action movie which is based on the toyline.
The story revolves around a group of teenage girls, the origin of their friendship and the social pyramid which tries to make the Bratz conform to archetypal high school cliques. Major photography took place in Los Angeles between February and March 2007.
What Was the Release Date of Bratz: the Movie?
Bratz: The Movie was released in the United States on 3rd August, 2007 by Lionsgate. The movie was panned by critics and gained five nominations at the 28th Golden Rasberry Awards which include Worst Picture.
Moreover, Bratz: The Movie was a commercial failure at that time which has grossed around $26 million throughout the world against $20 million of its production budget. So its failed to reach its break even.
What Was the Cast of Bratz: the Movie?
Check out the list of cast of Bratz: The Movie along with their characters below –
- Nathalia Ramosas Yasmin
- Skyler Shayeas Cloe
- Janel Parrishas Jade
- Logan Browning as Sasha
- Chelsea Kane Staub as Meredith Baxter Dimly
- Anneliese van der Pol as Avery
- Malese Jow as Quinn
- Ian Nelson as Dylan
- Stephen Lunsford as Cameron
- Lainie Kazan as Bubbie
- William May as Manny
- Emily Everhard as Cherish Baxter Dimly
- Jon Voight as Principal Dimly
- Carl Hancock Rux as Mr. Whitman
- Chet Hanks as Dexter
- Kim Morgan Greene as Katie
- Sasha Cohen as Bethany
- Andrea Edwards as Goalie
- Constance Hsu as Julie
- Kadeem Hardisonas Sasha’s father
- Tami-Adrian George as Allison
- Sean Patrick McNamaraas Tom McShavie
- Lee Reherman as Vice Principal Sludge
- Daniel Booko as Jock
- Susie Singer Carter as Barbara Baxter Dimly
What is the Plotline of Bratz: the Movie?
The story revolves around four teenage girls who are best friends named Cloe, Yasmin, Sasha and Jade and they are about to start high school. Meredith who is the extremely controlling student body president wants everyone to belong to a clique and goes about organising students.
Then, she hates the independent nature of the four best friends and decides to destroy their friendship and mane them conform to her prefabricated cliques.
And this is how the story goes between four girls and Meredith which is quite entertaining. However, Bratz: The movie couldn’t able to receive attention.
You guys must watch the trailer of Bratz the movie. By watching this video trailer you will truly get an idea regarding this movie and so it will become easy for you to decide whether to watch this movie or not.
What Are the Reviews for Bratz: the Movie?
Bratz: The movie has been universally criticised by critics as well as viewers alike.
Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie rating of 10% which is based on 80 reviews with an average rating of 3.4 out of 10. The website gave statement that –
“Full of mixed messages and dubious role-models, Bratz is too shallow even for its intended audience.”
On Metacritic, the film has a score of 21 out of 100, based on 18 critics, indicating
“generally unfavorable reviews”.
What Awards and Nominations Do Bratz: the Movie Has?
- Worst Picture(lost to I Know Who Killed Me)
- Worst Actress for Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos, and Skyler Shaye (lost as a tie to Lindsay Lohan in I Know Who Killed Me (as the characters of Aubrey and Dakota)
- Worst Supporting Actor for Jon Voight (lost to Eddie Murphy in Norbit (as the character of Mr. Wong)
- Worst Screen Couple for “Any combination of two totally airheaded characters” (lost to Lindsay Lohan(“as the yang to her own yin”) in I Know Who Killed Me)
- Worst Remake or Rip-off (“a rip-off if there ever was one”) (lost to I Know Who Killed Me)
Where to Watch Bratz: the Movie?
The movie was released to DVD on 27th November 2007 and was released for free on 1st April, 2020 on YouTube Movies.