Blades of Glory Cast, Plot, Reviews and Much More That We Know So Far About It?
A Blades of Glory is an American sports comedy movie which was released in 2007. This film was directed by Will Speak and Josh Gordon and penned by Jeff Cox, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. In this post we are going to discuss about Blades of Glory cast, plot, reviews and many other details that we know so far.
The film is starred with Will Ferrel and Jon Heder with Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, William Fichtner, Jenna Fischer and Craig T Nelson all are in supporting roles.
What Was the Plot of Blades of Glory?
Blades of Glory tells the story of mismatched pair of banned figure skaters who become teammates upon discovering a loophole which allow them to complete in the sport again.
The movie’s story is conceived by Busy Philipps who fleshed out the screenplay. However the co-writers Jeff and Craig Cox dropped her name from screenplay.
The movie was produced by Dream Works Pictures, MTV Films Red Hour Films and Smart entertainment and it was released on 30th March 2007 by Paramount Pictures.
Blades of Glory has received positive reviews from critics as well as audience.
Chazz Michael is a skater with amazing skills but raunchy sex addict. Jimmy MacElroy is an equally talented and effeminate but sheltered skater. From the beginning, the two rival skaters are clear polar opposites with different backgrounds.
Chazz grown up on the streets and he is a self taught skater whereas Jimmy was adopted by Darren MacRlroy who is a wealthy man and he adopts children showing exceptional athletic ability.
Check out the trailer of Blades of Glory movie in below video. By watching this trailer you will get a clear idea about this movie. So it will become easy for you to decide whether to watch Blades of Glory movie or not.
What is Blades of Glory Cast?
Blades of Glory Cast is truly incredible and so Check out the list of Blades of Glory cast below –
- Will Ferrellas Chazz Michael Michaels, a professional skater. Chad Brennan serves as a skating double of Chazz.
- Jon Hederas Jimmy MacElroy, a self-taught professional skater. Ethan Burgess serves as a skating double for Jimmy.
- Zachary Ferren as young Jimmy
- Will Arnettas Stranz Van Waldenberg, a rival skater of Chazz and Jimmy.
- Amy Poehleras Fairchild Van Waldenberg, a skater and the sister of Stranz.
- William Fichtneras Darren MacElroy, a wealthy man and former horse breeder who adopts orphans with exceptional athletic abilities like he did with Jimmy while also said to have controversial training methods for those he adopts.
- Jenna Fischeras Katie Van Waldenberg, the younger sister of Stranz and Fairchild.
- Craig T. Nelson as Coach Darren Goddard, the ice skating coach of Jimmy who later assists him and Chazz.
- Romany Malco as Jesse, a man who helps Coach Goddard train Jimmy and Chazz.
- Nick Swardson as Hector, an obsessive fan of Jimmy who informs him of a loophole that will enable him to bypass the ban.
- Scott Hamilton as Sports Anchor
- Andy Richter as Mountie
- Nick Jamesonas PA Announcer
- Rob Corddryas Bryce
- Tom Virtue as Floor Manager
- William Daniels as Commissioner Ebbers, the commissioner of the National Figure Skating Association.
- Remy Girard as Father St. Pierre
- Luciana Carro as Sam
- Nancy Kerrigan as Attractive Official
- Luke Wilsonas Sex Class Counselor
- James Michael Connoras Surly Reporter – Montreal
- Ethan Burgess as Jimmy Skate Double
- Tiffany Scott as Fairchild Skate Double
- Brian Boitano, Dorothy Ha mill and Peggy Fleming as Federation Judges
- Phil Reeves as Father
- Matt Levin as Matt
- Matt Evers as Skate Tree
- Stephanie Courtney as Reporter at Sign Ups
- Lisa-Marie Allen as Middle-Aged Sweater Mom
- Kyle Bornheimer as Rink PA Nationals
- Jim Lampley as Co-Anchor
- Sasha Cohen as Sasha Cohen
- Kerry Rossall as Fire Extinguisher
What Are the Reviews for Blades of Glory Movie?
Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an approval rating of 70% which is based on 188 reviews with as average rating of 6.3 out of 10. The statement by the websites is as follows –
“Thanks to the spirited performances of a talented cast – particularly Will Ferrell and Jon Heder as rivals-turned-teammates – Blades of Glory successfully spoofs inspirational sports dramas with inspired abandon.”