ASUS Laptop: ASUS, specifically their ROG line of products, is beloved among the gaming community. The PC platform, in general, is as strong as ever when it comes to this. It is the modularity that PCs offer that’s quite inviting. A custom-built or a pre-built PC may not solve everyone’s needs.
That was the primary reasons why Asus came up with the ROG series lineup. However, providing desktop-level gaming experience to the end-user wasn’t easy. Asus implemented its desktop experience in creating a laptop that can give real-life competition to an actual PC. Now, without much delay let’s get straight to reviewing ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT –
ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT Complete Specification
right before you read the review, here’s the complete list of specs. that’s bundled with ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT –
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR5 4GB VRAM.
- Operating System: It comes with Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime updates and validity.
- Keyboard: Here you get a complete RGB keyboard with Highlighted WASD key group. Further, the keyboard offers curved keycaps, 20 Million key presses, n-Key rollover, Hotkeys, & Aura Sync.
- Processor: This amazing laptop packs Intel’s 9th Gen Core i7-9750H Processor that clocks at the speed of 2.6 GHz & can go up to 4.5 GHz (12M Cache, 6 Cores).
- Storage: As for the storage it includes 1 TB 5400RPM 2.5’ SSHD (FireCuda) along with 256 PCIe NVMe 256GB SSD in the M.2 Slot.
- Battery: ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT packs a 3-Cell Lithium battery & 150W Charger to juice up the beast fairly quick.
- Memory & Storage: ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT includes 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM which is upgradeable up to 32 GB of RAM.
- Audio: ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT introduces a new Smart Amp technology with 6.5dBA Dynamic Range. Because of this, the laptop produces up to 2.8X More Volume and up to 3X More Powerful Bass.
- Ports: 1 x 3.5mm Audio Jac, 1 x HDMI 2.0b port, 3 x Type A USB3.1, 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack, and 1 x Audio Jack Mic-in.
- Cooling System: That’s the most important part. Unlike PC’s it’s quite difficult to pull it off right. ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT introduces Innovative 3D Flow Zone Design with 83 Blades Dual-Fan Architecture and Slim 0.1mm Thermal Fins. Along with this, self-cleaning anti-dust tunnel & powerful 12V fans makes sure the laptop never heats up when stressed with high usage.
- Design: Weighing in at around 2.85KG, ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT has Super-narrow bezels frame. On top of that, RGB LEDs are wrapped all around the rim of the chassis.
- Display: With a sleek 81.5% of screen-to-body ratio, ASUS ROG Strix G G731GT comes with a 17.3-inch Full HD Anti Glare IPS-level panel at the Refresh Rate of 60Hz.
A Friendly Device
Some people don’t have the room for a giant rig, or they simply lack the know-how. For this category of gaming enthusiasts, laptops are a safer bet. Their portability and lack of fuss make them extremely appealing for people who want to play high-end games but aren’t experts in everything related to PCs. If you’re one of these people, ASUS has a device in their ROG series lineup that’s tailor-made just for you. It’s ROG Strix G G731GT.
Plenty Of Power (ASUS Laptop)
The base model comes with an Intel Core i5-9300H as the CPU. This is the standard starting point for any gaming laptop and does a good enough job. You can opt for the more powerful Core i7-9750H if you need it, though. It comes paired with an NVIDIA GTX 1650 with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM for the GPU. Even here, you can upgrade it up to GTX 1660Ti, an RTX 2060 or even an RTX 2070.
In terms of RAM, you have 8 GB DDR4 memory clocked at 2666 MHz, but it is expandable up to a whopping 32 GB. There are two storage slots, one for a standard 2.5-inch, 1 TB SSHD, and the other for an M.2 NVME SSD with PCIe 3.0 support. You can choose from 128 GB up to 1 TB in storage for that one.
Wonderful Display, Solid Performance (ASUS Laptop)
Since this is the G731GT we’re talking about, it comes with a massive 17.3-inch, 1080p, IPS panel. The lowest end display has a 60 Hz refresh rate, but you can crank it up to 120 or even 144 Hz. And you may want to consider that since games run well on this laptop. Games like PUBG or Fortnite will easily give you around 80fps on medium settings, even with the lowest end configuration.
It also has the signature look of a ROG device. Despite the plastic chassis, it bears resemblance to the more premium ROG Strix Scar III. This is thanks to its backlit keyboard, the typical ROG suite of software, such as the Armoury Crate, and of course, a massive LED strip that runs along the entirety of its bottom rim.
If you don’t have any experience gaming and you’re trying to get a device to get you into it, or you’re trying to get a decent gift for someone looking to upgrade from a really old machine, this device is a safe bet.